Applicability: This disclaimer applies to our original e-mail, any attachments and all subsequent e-mails or attachments that Kuda Holdings (Pty) Ltd (the “Company”) user may send.
Recipients of e-mail from the Company: E-mails and their attachments (collectively referred to for convenience as “e-mail”) are intended for the named recipient/s ONLY. If you are not the named recipient (or their authorised representative) or an intended recipient of a copy of the e-mail, or have otherwise received the e-mail in error:
- Kindly notify the sender (as specified in the e-mail) using the contact details contained in such e-mail and delete this message once you have notified the sender.
- You may not forward, copy or otherwise transmit or disseminate the e-mail or any of the contents thereof to any person other than the named sender or an employee of the Company’s IT Department.
- You may not print, save or otherwise store the e-mail or any of the contents thereof in electronic or physical form.
Virus Warning: All reasonable precautions have been taken by us to ensure that no viruses are present in our e-mail to you, as the Company cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the e-mail or attachments. We recommend that you scan all of your emails and attachments for viruses.
Confidential: The e-mail and its contents are confidential, unless specifically stated or if this is manifestly clear from the context (including, by way of example, press releases and other official statements, issued by way of e-mail). If you are not certain of the confidentiality status of an e-mail please contact the sender to confirm this. In addition, e-mails may be logged for archival purposes and may be reviewed by parties at the Company other than those named in the message header. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure, adaption, distribution, publication and/or use of, or any other unauthorised action taken based on this e-mail message, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful and an infringement of copyright.
Offers, warranties and representations: The e-mail does not necessarily constitute an official representation of the Company unless this is specifically stated or clearly and objectively ascertainable from the contents of the e-mail itself.
E-mails from the Company do not, as a rule, contain warranties, representations or offers. You accordingly cannot rely on any purported warranty, representation or offer unless it is explicitly stated in the e-mail and the e-mail has been sent by a representative of the Company duly authorised to give warranties or make representations or offers on behalf of the Company.
Notwithstanding the above statement, the Company is entitled to rely on the contents of any e-mail sent to it (including warranties, representations or offers) unless otherwise provided.
All contracts formed through e-mailed electronic offer and acceptance must be formalised and confirmed through paper documents within two weeks of conclusion.
Agreements: Company employees are not authorised to conclude binding agreements on behalf of the Company by e-mail and nothing contained in this e-mail shall be construed as a legally binding agreement or an offer to contract.
Damages: While the Company uses its best endeavours to prevent loss or damage to third party systems, it cannot be held liable for any loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious code in an e-mail, corruption of data or any “denial of service” or similar exploit caused by a virus or malicious code.
Offensive e-mail content: Our employees and other users of the Company e-mail are subject to policies that prohibit:
- the obscuring, suppressing, or replacing another user’s identity on an e-mail (pretending to be someone else);
- the use of the Company’s information and communications systems for the exercise of the employee’s right to free speech;
- sexual, religious, political and racial harassment;
- profanity, obscene, offensive, derogatory or defamatory remarks;
- otherwise unlawful communication via e-mail.
Accordingly, if an e-mail sent by a Company user breaches any of these provisions, that e-mail is sent in that person’s personal capacity and the Company is not liable for such messages. The Company will take appropriate disciplinary action against any person breaching these provisions and you can report any such breach to [email protected].
Transmission and Receipt: In accordance with the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECTA”), an e-mail is only deemed to be received by the Company once this is confirmed to you orally or in writing and an e-mail is deemed to have been sent by the Company or its workers as soon as this is reflected in the Company’s mail server logs. An auto-reply shall not constitute a response for purpose hereof.
Disclosure of e-mail address: The e-mail address of any employee of the Company who is a party to this e-mail may not be used, copied, sold, disclosed, shared or incorporated into any database or mailing list for spamming and/or online marketing practices without the prior consent of the employee and/or the Company.
ECTA: This e-mail disclaimer is enforceable and binding on the recipient in terms of sections 11(1) to 11(3) of ECTA. This e-mail disclaimer shall at all times take precedence over any other e-mail disclaimer(s).
General: This e-mail disclaimer shall be governed by the law of South Africa. Any dispute arising from or in connection with this disclaimer shall be resolved at Big Bay, Milnerton in accordance with the AFSA by an independent appointed arbitrator.
Corporate Information and Directors:
Kuda Holdings (PTY) Ltd
Registration no: 2008/018404/07
Directors: W S Smith
Queries: You can contact [email protected] should you have any queries concerning this disclaimer.
FAIS DISCLOSURE NOTICE
Disclosures required in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services (FAIS) Act (37 of 2002). Please read this carefully
The FAIS Act was enacted for my benefit. I note that this disclosure notice does not form part of the insurance contract.
As an insurance policyholder I have the right to the following information about Kuda (Pty) Ltd (“Kuda”), an authorised Financial Services Provider: Kuda is authorised to provide financial advice and intermediary services on Short-term Insurance: Personal Lines and Commercial Lines.
Kuda’s contact details:
Physical Add: Big Bay Office Park, 1st Floor, Office 101, Cormorant Avenue, Big Bay, Milnerton
Postal Add: PO Box 151 Bloubergstrand, 7446
Telephone: 021 554 5832
Terms and conditions of engagement:
- I must read through all the documents that I receive from Kuda to ensure that I understand the contents thereof. I am entitled to a copy of the policy documents free of charge.
- Kuda has Professional Indemnity insurance and accepts responsibility for the financial advice of its Representatives, acting in the scope and course of their employment.
- Kuda has a Conflict of Interest Management Policy that can be made available upon request.
- If the premium is paid by debit order, it may only be in favour of one person and may not be transferred without my approval. Kuda must inform me in writing at least 30 days before the cancellation of my debit order.
- Non-payment of premiums may lead to my policy being cancelled or cover being suspended.
- Should my insurance be cancelled for any reason, I should be supplied with a notice informing me of such cancellation.
- No person may insist that I sign any incomplete or blank document.
- Claims Procedures
- I can lodge all claims via email to [email protected] as soon as possible, but within 30 days of the claim event. I should be supplied with written reason/s in the event that my claim is repudiated. Polygraph or any lie detector test is not obligatory in the event of a claim and the failure thereof must not be the sole reason for repudiating a claim.
- If I dispute the outcome of my claim I must raise an objection in writing to Kuda together with reasons by sending an email to: [email protected] within 90 days from the day that I first received written notification of the outcome of my claim.
- If the matter is still not resolved to my satisfaction by Kuda, I may submit a complaint in writing to the Ombudsman for Short-term Insurance at PO Box 32334, Braamfontein, 2017. I may also contact the Ombudsman on Telephone: (011) 726 8900, Fax: (011) 726 5501 and email: [email protected]
- Immediately following the 90 days, irrespective of whether an objection was raised, I have a further 6 months within which to serve summons on Kuda. If I do not serve summons within this period, my right to challenge the decision is forfeited.
- Complaints Procedures
- I am requested to submit any complaint in writing to [email protected] or on Telephone: 021 554 5832
- Compliance-Related Complaints
- If I have a problem with the way the product was sold to me, the disclosures that were made to me or the advice that was given to me, I may contact the Compliance Officer of Kuda on 021 554 5832, or email to [email protected]
- If my compliance-related complaint is not resolved to my satisfaction, I may submit a complaint in writing to the FAIS Ombud at: PO Box 74571, Lynwood Ridge, 0040. I may also contact the Ombud on Telephone: (012) 470 9080, Fax: (012) 348 3447 and email: [email protected]
- Sasria For Sasria related matters I may contact Sasria SOC Ltd, registration number 1979/00287/06, at: Telephone Facsimile +27 (11) 214 0800 / 086 172 7742 +27 (11) 447 8630 / 086 172 7329
- Postal Add: Physical Add: PO Box 653367, Benmore, 2010 36 Fricker Road, Illovo, 2196 Website www.sasria.co.za Complaints +27 (11) 214 0821 ext.221 Compliance Officer Mr Mziwoxolo Mavuso [email protected] +27 (11) 214 0800