In an event likely to give rise to a claim Kuda must be advised within 24 hours of discovering the animal or event. If it is not possible to inform us in writing immediately, communication must be followed by a written notification to email@example.com
IF AN ANIMAL HAS DIED:
- The insured must arrange for a post-mortem to be performed, at the insured’s expense, by a licensed veterinary surgeon to establish the cause of death or reason for humane destruction of the animal.
- The whole carcass must be kept in cold storage and may not be removed or disposed of without Kuda’s permission. We will not pay any claim unless we can examine the carcass.
- If the claim involves theft, poaching or a motor accident, it must be reported to the police within 24 hours or sooner and a case number must be obtained.
THE INSURED MUST PROVIDE KUDA WITH:
- Photographs of the scene of the death and the carcass
- A fully completed claim form
- Post-mortem report
- Permits or proof of purchase
Claims will be processed within five working days, commencing on the date we have received all documentation. Kuda will inform the insured within 24 hours or sooner, after receiving all completed claim documents if, an assessor will be appointed.